Trump claims Joe Scarborough asked him to spike a National Enquirer article

Source: Washington Examiner | June 30, 2017 | Anna Giaritelli

President Trump claimed on Friday morning that MSNBC co-host Joe Scarborough lied about how he said he responded to the White House threatening to publish a negative story about him and co-host Mika Brzezinski in the National Enquirer.

“Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump wrote around 9 a.m., just as the show went off the air.

Scarborough responded on Twitter within minutes of Trump’s comment.

“Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven’t spoken with you in many months,” Scarborough wrote.

Scarborough told “Morning Joe” viewers on Friday that the White House had repeatedly contacted him and Brzezinski’s family.

“We got a call that, ‘Hey, the National Enquirer is going to run a negative story against you guys.’ And it was — Donald is friends, the president is friends with the guy that runs the National Enquirer. And they said, ‘If you call the president up and you apologize for your coverage, then he will pick up the phone and basically spike this story,'” Scarborough said.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.