Trump clashes with reporter during coronavirus briefing: 'Be nice'

Source: The Hill | March 29, 2020 | John Bowden

President Trump clashed with a reporter on Sunday during a press briefing on the coronavirus outbreak in the Rose Garden.

“PBS NewsHour” reporter Yamiche Alcindor questioned Trump during the briefing over recent comments he made during an interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity about whether some requests from governors related to the outbreak were overblown or unnecessary.

Trump responded by first denying that he had made the comments, which were reported by multiple news outlets at the time, before accusing Alcindor of acting “threatening” during the briefing.

“Why don’t you act in a little more positive? … It’s always get ya, get ya, get ya,” Trump said to Alcindor. “You know what? That’s why nobody trusts the media anymore.”

“That’s why you used to work for the [New York] Times and now you work for somebody else,” he continued, speaking to Alcindor. “Look, let me tell you something. Be nice. Don’t be threatening.”

………

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #37790

Consistent #37791

Consistent #37792

EVERYDAY #37793

Trump became a household name through his reality tv series and the most successful reality tv series have drama, controversy and conflict. For Trump these briefings are not meant to inform or reassure the public in the midst of a pandemic; they are all about the ratings. Trump wants to be re-elected and for his fans to keep voting for him, he has to keep them entertained. What better way to do that than to pick a fight with the enemy — a reporter.

People are becoming sick and they are dying, but all Trump cares about are ratings and getting re-elected. It’s tragic and even worse, his fans don’t realize it or maybe they don’t care.

ConservativeGranny #37795

I don’t think they care. Trump is a very unstable sick man. He lost touch with reality a long time ago. Obviously his wife knows this and she doesn’t seem to care either. Everyone around him must know it and they don’t care either. This is the point we have come to where a news outlet covers up the President’s insanity by muting and talking over him. This is completely new territory and it isn’t good.

EVERYDAY #37797

I expect that people who know don’t say anything because they are afraid of losing their jobs and perhaps having their lives and reputations destroyed. When an underling crosses Trump, he or she is not only fired, but subjected to a relentless campaign of smears. He or she is the enemy who must be destroyed. Jeff Sessions is a perfect example. Trump can’t get over Sessions’ recusal, so even now, after all this time, Trump is on that mission to destroy him. Now he is doing what he can to sabotage Sessions’ chances for election to the senate. That constant need for revenge is a sure sign of madness. But the people around him are afraid to say anything.

Consistent #37798

EVERYDAY #37799

Michael, I picture your father is spinning in his grave.

Consistent #37800

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.