Trump criticized for not reading Apostles' Creed at Bush funeral

Source: The Hill | December 5, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

President Trump did not join other attendees at former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral on Wednesday as they read the Apostles’ Creed, drawing pushback from critics online.

Trump stood solemnly beside the Clintons and Obamas as the former presidents recited the Christian creed from their programs.

…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26717

ConservativeGranny #26718

I thought his wife was Catholic? At least she looks like she is praying silently. Trump not so much. Guess he is not a believer?

EVERYDAY #26721

I can fault Trump for a lot of things, but not this. I don’t attend church either. I prefer to pray and read the Bible at home.

I do remember one Christmas seeing videos of the Clintons and Bushes (43) in church — I think it was after President Bush 43 won the presidency — the Clintons looked very uncomfortable, but the Bushes looked like regular churchgoers. I suppose for the Clintons being filmed attending services at Christmas was just for publicity, while the Bushes took their faith seriously. Would have been better if the Clintons didn’t bother with the pretense.

I guess Trump figured why bother pretending to be a practicing Christian when most people know or suspect he doesn’t do that ordinarily.

ConservativeGranny #26730

Take a look at all of these images of Trump praying. Compared to how he acted at the funeral do you think there is a difference? He seemed pretty sullen at Bush’s funeral.

https://tinyurl.com/yd5x7p54

I don’t think he has a problem putting on a show of being a practicing Christian when it suits him. Only God can judge his heart however my personal opinion is that he probably is a nonbeliever and the Apostle’s Creed is a statement of Christian beliefs.

I don’t go to church regularly either but when I do attend services I will pray along with the rest of the congregation whether it is a Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist or other Christian service. Even when putting on a show with the Evangelists during his campaign Trump seems very ill-at-ease in these prayer situations.

I would put him in the same category here as the Clintons as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.