Trump criticizes 'complexity' of modern planes after deadly Ethiopian Airlines crash

Source: Washington Examiner | March 12, 2019 | Zachary Halaschak

President Trump lamented the complexity of the technology found in modern jets on Tuesday as Boeing faces major blowback after one of its 737 MAX 8 commercial jetliners crashed on Sunday.

“Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better,” Trump said in a pair of tweets. Split second decisions are needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!”

………

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28324

Consistent #28325

Consistent #28326

Consistent #28327

Consistent #28328

EVERYDAY #28332

We don’t even know yet what caused this particular plane crash. The black boxes have not been fully analyzed yet. This crash could have been the result of pilot error, terrorism, weather or maybe just one of those things. But already Trump has to weigh in. with this nonsense. This from a guy who knows as much about airplanes as I do. Which is nothing.

I would imagine that the new Air Force One will have all the state of the art, complex mechanisms as this Boeing — probably more so. Is Trump going to order that the plans for the new AF1 be scrapped in favor of a plane on the order of the Wright Brothers’ plane? I doubt it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.