Trump decries 'witch hunt' impeachment after Senate fails to convict.

Source: Politico | February 13, 2021 | Meridith McGraw

The ex-president took a swipe at Democrats and showed no remorse in a post-vote statement.

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday thanked his defense team and Republican lawmakers for voting against his conviction in an impeachment trial that he called “yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country.”

“No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago,” Trump said.

In a statement released shortly after the Senate voted 57-43 to convict him—far short of the 67 needed—Trump defended himself as a champion of law and order, and took one last swipe at Democrats in Congress. He offered no apologies for his actions that preceded the deadly riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

“It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree,” Trump said.

……..

“Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun,” Trump said. “In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!”

……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47407

Consistent #47408

EVERYDAY #47409

The new “Teflon Don.” I guess we will never be rid of him till he croaks.

Consistent #47410

Consistent #47411

Consistent #47412

EVERYDAY #47419

Teflon Don has spoken. I thought he and his followers were being silenced. LOL

Well, we knew this would be coming. Now he can schedule more COVID spreading rallies to keep his fans engaged and to gloat in his escape from justice.

Whatever happens, happens. Now I’d rather focus on the struggle to get vaccinated and the other more pressing issues we face. Let me know if Danny Boy is ever convicted of something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.