Trump denies rumors he could replace Pence with Nikki Haley on 2020 ticket

Source: Politico | November 22, 2019 | Caitlin Oprysko

Pence “is our man 100 percent,” the president says.

President Donald Trump on Friday shot down rumors that he’s looking to replace Vice President Mike Pence as his running mate for the 2020 election.

In a nearly hour-long interview on “Fox & Friends,” Trump said that Pence “is our man 100 percent,” dismissing whispers about potentially swapping Pence out for former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley on the ticket in the upcoming year.

“Mike Pence is a great vice president,” Trump said, adding that Haley would “absolutely” be involved in his campaign no matter what, offering praise for the rare former member of his administration he remains on good terms with and suggesting she’s likely enjoying her time in the private sector.

“She is a friend of mine, she endorsed me with the most beautiful endorsement you’ve ever heard. She did a great job at the U.N.,” Trump explained.

Rumors that Trump might replace Pence with Haley on the 2020 ticket have percolated for some time, especially as the Trump campaign looks to make headway with suburban women voters that moved away from the party in the 2018 midterms and continued to do so in local elections earlier this month.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #33636

ConservativeGranny #33656

My guess is that Pence knows too much to be thrown under the bus. Although common sense has never been Trump’s strong suit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.