Trump doesn’t rule out running with DeSantis asVP: ‘I get along with him’

Source: The Hill | June 30, 2022 | Max Greenwood

Trump doesn’t rule out running with DeSantis as his VP: ‘I get along with him’

Former President Donald Trump isn’t ruling out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) as a running mate in a potential 2024 White House bid.

Asked in an interview with Newsmax’s Rob Finnerty on Thursday about the possibility of a “Trump-DeSantis” ticket in 2024, Trump noted that he has a good relationship with the Florida governor, before taking credit for his political success.

“Well I get along with him,” Trump said. “I was very responsible for his success, because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocketship.”

Trump has hinted for more than a year-and-a-half that he could mount another presidential campaign after losing reelection to President Biden in 2020. But DeSantis has also emerged as a possible contender for the GOP nomination as his national profile among Republicans has swelled in recent years.

While DeSantis has played off speculation about a 2024 presidential bid as a false narrative, he’s also declined on multiple occasions to rule out a run, even if Trump ultimately decides to launch a comeback campaign.

Behind closed doors, Trump has complained about DeSantis’s rumored political ambitions. Still, both men have insisted they still have a good relationship with one another, and the two were seen talking at a wedding in April at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.