Trump encourages Americans to 'gather' in Thanksgiving proclamation despite coronavirus surge

Source: The Hill | November 26, 2020 | Aris Folley

President Trump issued a proclamation encouraging Americans to gather “in homes and places of worship” ahead of Thanksgiving, even as his successor and public health officials have urged people to practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings during the holidays to curb the spread of COVID-19.

“I encourage all Americans to gather, in homes and places of worship, to offer a prayer of thanks to God for our many blessings,” he said in the proclamation, which is custom for presidents to issue marking holidays, on Wednesday

The comments from the White House come as public health experts have advised Americans to stay home amid a nationwide surge in coronavirus cases and warnings that the pandemic could get much worse during the holiday season.

Earlier this month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advised against attending crowded parades, large indoor gatherings and crowded stores in an effort to slow the outbreak. The agency also advised against traveling last week as cases rise nationwide.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45008

EVERYDAY #45009

My brother and wife hosted dinner for several relatives, including 2 college kids sent home because of an outbreak of COVID on campus. No idea if these kids have the virus or even if they were tested. And my brother wanted me to come for dinner.

Uh…no.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.