Trump escalates attacks on Mueller

Source: The Hill | May 30, 2019 | Jordan Fabian and Brett Samuels

President Trump on Thursday escalated his attacks on Robert Mueller one day after the special counsel essentially said it is up to Congress whether to hold the president accountable for his actions during the Russia probe.

Trump’s outburst, which came in a series of tweets and 17 minutes of remarks to reporters at the White House, revealed the depth of his frustration with the special counsel’s first public comments on the probe, in which Mueller said he did not clear Trump on obstruction of justice.

“I think Mueller is a true never-Trumper,” Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Colorado Springs, Colo., to deliver the commencement address at the U.S. Air Force Academy. “He’s somebody that dislikes Donald Trump.”

Trump also downplayed the possibility that the Democratic-controlled House would impeach him.

“I never thought that would even be possible to be using that word. To me it’s a dirty word, the word ‘impeach,’” he said. “It’s a dirty, filthy, disgusting word, and it had nothing to do with me.”

………

“I’m innocent of all charges,” Trump declared to reporters, before stating that he has “presidential powers that you wouldn’t believe” that shield him from an obstruction charge.

“I don’t even have to rely on Article II,” he continued, referring to the section of the Constitution that defines the president’s powers. “There was no crime. There was no obstruction. There was no collusion. There was no nothing.”

Contrary to Trump’s account, Mueller said that he was blocked from considering obstruction charges because of Justice Department guidelines stating that a sitting president cannot be charged with a federal crime.

………

“Despite that, and despite $40 million, 18 Trump-haters, including people who worked for illary Clinton and some of the worst human beings on earth, they got nothing,” he continued. “It’s pretty amazing.”

Yet Trump departed from his message in a stunning way when he admitted in an early morning tweet that Russia did help him “to get elected” before quickly retracting his statement.

“No, Russia did not help me get elected,” Trump told reporters about 20 minutes after publishing the tweet. “Do you know who got me elected? I got me elected.”

……….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29785

Consistent #29786

Consistent #29787

Consistent #29788

EVERYDAY #29789

Trump continues to lie to his worshipers about Mueller and the report, and they continue to believe him. I can only hope that, if congress won’t do the right thing, then maybe one or more of the other proceedings will hang him.

Consistent #29811

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.