Trump evokes antisemetic tropes, says Jewish Americans ‘don’t like Israel’

Source: The Hill | December 17, 2021 | Caroline Vakil

Former President Trump evoked antisemitic tropes about Jews in excerpts of an interview released on Friday and claimed that they “either don’t like Israel or don’t care about Israel.”

In the interview with journalist Barak Ravid, portions of which were played on an episode of the “Unholy: Two Jews on the news” podcast released on Friday, Trump said that “there’s people in this country that are Jewish — no longer love Israel. I’ll tell you, the evangelical Christians love Israel more than the Jews in this country,” Trump said in an interview 

He also used common antisemitic tropes about Jewish people having power over Congress and in the media during the interview, as well as suggesting that all Jewish people vote for one political party.

“It used to be that Israel had absolute power over Congress. And today, I think it’s the exact opposite,” Trump said. “And I think Obama and Biden did that. And yet in the election, they still get a lot of votes from Jewish people, which tells you that the Jewish people, and I’ve said this for a long time, the Jewish people in the United States either don’t like Israel or don’t care about Israel,” the former president continued.

“I mean, you look at the New York Times, The New York Times hates Israel — hates ’em. And there’s Jewish people that run the New York Times, I mean the Sulzberger family,” he added.

……..

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.