Trump: Fox News 'wasting airtime on Mayor Pete'

Source: Politico | May 19, 2019 | Bianca Quilantan

President Donald Trump took another swipe at Fox News on Sunday, saying ahead of its scheduled town hall with Pete Buttigieg that his favorite network was “wasting airtime” on the Democratic presidential candidate.

“Hard to believe that @FoxNews is wasting airtime on Mayor Pete, as Chris Wallace likes to call him,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Fox is moving more and more to the losing (wrong) side in covering the Dems. They got dumped from the Democrats boring debates, and they just want in.”

Trump said that the network known for its conservative bent “forgot the people … who got them there,” and he expressed irritation with Wallace, the host of “Fox News Sunday.”

“Chris Wallace said, ‘I actually think, whether you like his opinions or not, that Mayor Pete has a lot of substance…fascinating biography,’” Trump said in a subsequent tweet. “Gee, he never speaks well of me — I like Mike Wallace better … and Alfred E. Newman will never be President!” (Trump recently likened the candidate to the MAD magazine character, whose name is actually spelled “Neuman.”)

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.