Trump hints at launching his own social media platform

Source: Politico | March 22, 2021 | Quint Forgey

The former president was booted from Twitter following the Capitol insurrection.

Former President Donald Trump teased the launch of his own social media platform in a new interview, but did not provide a timeline or offer any further details regarding the potential business venture.

“I’m doing things having to do with putting our own platform out there that you’ll be hearing about soon,” Trump told Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe in the debut episode of her “The Truth” podcast, which was released Monday.

Trump senior adviser Jason Miller also previewed plans for the new platform over the weekend, telling Fox News that the former president would be returning to social media “in probably about two or three months.”

“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media,” Miller said Sunday. “It’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does.”

After being banned from Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms in January following the Capitol insurrection, Trump has taken to releasing statements through his post-presidency office and political action committee in recent months.

On Monday, Trump argued that those statements are “getting picked up much better than any tweet,” and described his new method of messaging as “much more elegant.”

“You’re seeing that we put out statements from the president, et cetera, et cetera. And it’s getting picked up by everybody, everything we say,” Trump said.

The former president went on to boast that his official statements get “tremendous pickup” from the media, adding: “I think it’s been very big. I’ve only started doing that over the last three or four weeks. But the voices out there — I think, maybe in a certain way — may be as big as ever.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #48071

EVERYDAY #48081

Trump talked about this before, along with launching his own tv station and forming his own party. Likely won’t happen. I’m not sure he has the financial resources anyway unless he does what he usually does — borrow money, then not pay it back.

By the way, whatever happened to Parler? I thought a relaunch was imminent. sometime back

What does irk me though is that Trump really hasn’t been silenced. He has those official statements he issues on his own stationery which news outlets dutifully report, plus his message is being disseminated on social media by his fans. I would be happy if the news media and social media would stop talking about him and reporting his every word unless he says something that looks like he’s planning another coup, or to let us know when he’s been arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.