Trump hits back at 'ass' Romney after criticism of Ukraine, China probe calls

Source: Politico | October 5, 2019 | Christian Vasquez

President Donald Trump fired back at Mitt Romney on Saturday morning, calling the Utah senator a “pompous ‘ass'” while defending his calls for Ukraine and China to investigate political rival Joe Biden.

“Somebody please wake up Mitt Romney and tell him that my conversation with the Ukrainian President was a congenial and very appropriate one, and my statement on China pertained to corruption, not politics. If Mitt worked this hard on Obama, he could have won. Sadly, he choked!” Trump wrote.

“Mitt Romney never knew how to win. He is a pompous “ass” who has been fighting me from the beginning, except when he begged me for my endorsement for his Senate run (I gave it to him), and when he begged me to be Secretary of State (I didn’t give it to him). He is so bad for R’s!” Trump continued.

Romney, a former Republican presidential nominee, denounced Trump on Friday night, saying the president’s public calls for China and Ukraine to investigate former vice president and Democratic presidential candidate Biden were “wrong and appalling.”

“When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent in the midst of the Democratic nomination process, it strains credulity to suggest that it is anything other than politically motivated,” Romney wrote on Twitter.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32121

Consistent #32139

Consistent #32150

EVERYDAY #32151

If Trump would have put as much time and effort into doing his job as he does sending nasty tweets to his “enemies,” his campaign promises from 2016 would have been met.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.