Trump: 'I'm ashamed that I endorsed' Kemp in Georgia

Source: The Hill | November 29, 2020 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Sunday said he regretted endorsing Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), taking a swipe at the top Republicans in the state ahead of two critical Senate runoff elections.

The president decried the use of Dominion Voting Systems machines in Georgia, which are the subject of unproven conspiracies among some conservatives. He placed blame at the feet of Kemp and Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger (R) for approving the rules of the election. 

“Everything has to be approved by the legislature, and they had judges making deals, and they had electoral officials making deals, like this character in Georgia who’s a disaster,” Trump said of Raffensperger, who has defended the integrity of the presidential election where Biden defeated Trump by just over 12,000 votes.

“And the governor’s done nothing. He’s done absolutely nothing,” Trump added of Kemp. “I’m ashamed that I endorsed him. But I look what’s going on, it’s so terrible.”

The president, in his first television interview since Election Day, revived numerous baseless claims of voter fraud that he alleged cost him the election to President-elect Joe Biden.

Trump, in a phone interview with Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo, questioned whether the outcome of the upcoming Senate races could be trusted.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.