Trump invokes social media platforms, 2020 Dems and Deutsche Bank in Twitter tear

Source: Politico | July 11, 2019 | Quint Forgey

President Donald Trump on Thursday morning launched into a multisubject Twitter tear ahead of the White House’s planned social media summit, firing off more than a dozen posts that included swipes at his potential reelection rivals and reporting on his finances.

“The White House will be hosting a very big and very important Social Media Summit today. Would I have become President without Social Media? Yes (probably)!” Trump wrote online, announcing a previously unscheduled news conference to come after the meeting of conservative online personalities.

The president went on to criticize “the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain” social media companies and warned that “we will not let them get away with it much longer.”

“The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady,” Trump continued, appearing to confuse the date of his election 2½ years ago with the June 2015 announcement of his first presidential campaign, at which he famously descended a Trump Tower escalator.

“When I ultimately leave office in six … years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public,” Trump tweeted. “That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other.”

He added: “Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99, … or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!”

……..

Trump also defended his relationship with German lender Deutsche Bank and his past financial practices, writing: “The Fake News Media loves the narrative that I didn’t use many banks because the banks didn’t like me. No, I didn’t use many banks because I didn’t (don’t) need their money (old fashioned, isn’t it?). If I did, it would have been very easy for me to get.”

The New York Times reported in May that while many Wall Street banks had ceased their lending to Trump after several defaults, Deutsche Bank lent him and his companies billions of dollars.

“And remember, a bank that I did use years ago, the now badly written about and maligned Deutsche Bank, was then one of the largest and most prestigious banks in the world!” Trump tweeted. “They wanted my business, and so did many others!”

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30560

Consistent #30565

ConservativeGranny #30573

It’s hard to believe that anyone can take this nutcase seriously isn’t it? But they do. There they are on TV at his rallies with their red caps on cheering every lie or idiotic statement like a bunch of Romans watching the lions eat the Christians.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.