Trump jabs at DeSantis during rally: ‘Ron DeSanctimonious’

Source: The Hill | November 5, 2022 | TheHill.com

Former President Trump took aim at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) at a campaign rally on Saturday night, coining the nickname “Ron DeSanctimonious” for the politician who is widely viewed as Trump’s greatest competition for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.

Trump called out his potential political rival at Saturday’s rally in Latrobe, Pa., while also continuing to tease his own run in 2024.

“This is the year we’re going to take back the House. We’re going to take back the Senate. And we’re going to take back America. We’re going to take it back,” Trump said. “And in 2024, most importantly, we are going to take back our magnificent, oh-so beautiful White House.”

“Everybody, I promise you, in the very next, very, very, very short period of time, you’re going to be so happy,” he added at another point in the rally.

Axios reported on Friday that Trump’s team is considering launching his presidential bid on Nov. 14, less than a week after voters head to the polls in the midterm elections.

However, Trump all but confirmed his imminent announcement, suggesting that he would announce if he wasn’t stumping for Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Mehmet Oz and Republican gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano.

“One of the reasons I don’t want to do that right now — cause I’d like to do it — but you know what, and I really mean this, I want to have the focus tonight be on Dr. Oz and on Doug Mastriano.”

Most polls show Trump leading DeSantis in a potential match-up for the Republican nomination. However, the Florida governor remains the greatest threat to the former president, while other potential nominees, such as former Vice President Mike Pence and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), appear further behind.

As Trump heads to Miami for a rally with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Sunday, the former president will maintain his distance from DeSantis, who was noticeably not invited to the rally, Politico reported.

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #56431

Consistent #56432

Consistent #56433

Consistent #56434

EVERYDAY #56437

The orange guy showed up in my area for a rally ostensibly to promote Oz, Mastriano and other approved candidates. But as always, he said little about his candidates. Instead, he repeated the same old whines about the 2020 election, crying about how the DOJ, FBI, AG James and others are out to get him, hurling childish insults at his enemies and in general, behaving like a 2-year-old. He’s talking to people who never grew up just like him. Honestly, I don’t think many of the attendees really care about the election on Tuesday anyway. They just go see him for the entertainment.

Consistent #56439

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.