Trump, Jordan spoke for 10 minutes morning of Jan. 6 attack

Source: The Hill | February 4, 2022 | Lexi Lonas

Former President Trump and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) spoke on the phone for 10 minutes the morning of the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol in 2021, two sources told CNN.

The two sources reviewed call records the Jan. 6 House committee received from the National Archives last month.

Jordan has previously said he spoke to Trump on the day of the Capitol riot, but has been inconsistent about when the two talked or for how long.

“I talked to the president a number of times that day, but I don’t remember the times,” Jordan told CNN on Friday when questioned about the 10-minute call.

Jordan said he could “not recall” when the two specifically talked, but said he knows “I talked to him after we left off the floor.”

Jordan spoke on the floor around 1:30 p.m. that day to reject Biden’s electors from Arizona and again around 10:30 p.m., after legislators returned to the Capitol following the attack, according to CNN. 

Jordan told CNN he could not remember how long he talked to the president. 

The committee is also investigating other communications Jordan had leading up to the riot, including with Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows.

Jordan and the Jan. 6 panel clashed last month when Jordan said he would no longer voluntarily cooperate with the investigation.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.