Trump lawyer Giuliani tells Fox his mission is 'to disrupt the world'

Source: The Hill | October 5, 2019 | Jessica Campisi

President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani told Fox News on Friday that his mission is to “disrupt the world” while defending his interactions with Ukrainian officials.

“Why are you, the president’s personal attorney, what is your personal — what’s your mission?” Fox News host Martha MacCallum asked Giuliani.

“To disrupt the world,” he said, adding, “My mission is to defend my client in the best traditions of the legal profession.”

MacCallum pressed Giuliani on whether it was in the president’s interest — and not the nation’s — to urge a foreign country to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, Trump’s political rival.

Trump’s push for Ukraine to investigate Biden, a leading Democratic presidential contender, has drawn mounting scrutiny and spurred House Democrats to launch an impeachment inquiry last week.

“That’s a mischaracterization, Martha,” Giuliani fired back. “It’s in the best interest of my client to unravel the corruption in the Ukraine, which involved mostly collusion in the election into which Joe Biden inserted himself.”

MacCallum responded, “But isn’t that what [Attorney General] Bill Barr is doing? Isn’t that his job at the Justice Department?”

“Well, he wasn’t there when I was doing it,” Giuliani said.

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.