Donald Trump appeared to subtly soften his tone on his proposed ban on foreign Muslims entering the United States Wednesday, in apparent response to criticism from the newly elected Muslim mayor of London.
The planned ban, Trump said on Fox News Radio’s “Kilmeade and Friends,” is only “temporary.”
“It hasn’t been called for yet. Nobody’s done it,” the presumptive Republican nominee said.
“This is just a suggestion until we find out what’s going on.”
Trump stood by his proposal, which has been criticized as potentially unconstitutional, as he has repeatedly since emerging as the presumptive GOP nominee last week.
Yet the slight softening could suggest a change in rhetoric following protracted criticism from Sadiq Khan, the new London mayor. Khan, who is Muslim, has launched perhaps the most direct attacks on Trump’s policies in recent days.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.