Trump: Muslim soldier was a hero but his father 'has no right' to criticize me

Source: The Hill | July 30, 2016 | Evelyn Rupert

Donald Trump praised a Muslim U.S. soldier killed in Iraq but continued to criticize the man’s father, who spoke out against Trump at the Democratic National Convention.

After a day of backlash about his comments regarding the family of Humayun Khan, Trump released a statement late Saturday night honoring him.

“Captain Humayun Khan was a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. The real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorist who killed him, and the efforts of these radicals to enter our country and do us further harm,” Trump said.

“While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things. If I become President, I will make America safe again.”

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8817

Consistent #8818

EVERYDAY #8819

It’s a pattern with Trump to say something like, I like the guy. I respect the guy. The soldier is a hero. Etc. Etc. Then there is always a “But” where he slams and disrespects the person he is talking about. When he more recently spread the same tired Cruz-Oswald conspiracy theory, he started off by saying Rafael Cruz is a swell guy, or something to that effect. Then he slandered Mr. Cruz.

I suppose whenever Trump says anything, you should ignore everything that comes before the “but.”

A despicabe human being. I have more respect for whatever I’m scraping off my shoes than I have for him.

Consistent #8821

Consistent #8822

ConservativeGranny #8824

Sounds like Pence wrote the first part and Trump the second part.

I have news for him. If he becomes president he will be criticized on a daily basis much worse than Mr. Khan criticized him. He’ll wear himself out on Twitter making outrageous retaliatory statements. My guess is that he’ll implode within the first month. Because every single thing he does is going to be criticized. His wife’s clothing will constantly be criticized. Every vacation they take will be criticized.

Trump has shown time and time again that he can’t handle it. He is unfit for the job.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.