Trump: My people got 'outplayed' on coronavirus public relations battle

Source: The Hill | September 17, 2020 | John Bowden

President Trump in an interview late Wednesday appeared to blame his own staff for losing the coronavirus “public relations” battle while again attacking China’s government over its handling of the virus.

Speaking with Greta Van Susteren on Gray TV’s “Full Court Press: Election Countdown,” Trump discounted the idea that his administration could have done more to prevent the spread of the virus in the U.S., which has the highest number of cases in the world.

“I think we did a great job with coronavirus, except at public relations,” Trump told Van Susteren. “Look, we would have lost 2 and a half million people, as I’ve said. We’re at 185,000, and it’s too much. One person is too much.”

“It never should have been allowed to happen by China. They should have never allowed it out. They stopped it from going into China, but they didn’t stop it from going into us,” the president continued. “We did a great job except public relations-wise, my people got outplayed. Just like you said before, [Speaker] Nancy Pelosi said this or that, no matter what you do, if you say, ‘We did this,’ they say, ‘Well, it wasn’t good enough.’ If you say, ‘We did that…’ This is standard fare for the Democrats. They say it wasn’t good enough.”

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42951

Consistent #42964

EVERYDAY #42968

Public relations? No, Donnie. It was you and your failure to act, you utter lack of leadership that resulted in the deaths of 200,000 or so people from COVID. All the great PR in the world could never hide the fact that you just didn’t care enough about the people you are supposed to be leading to do what was necessary to combat this virus.

ConservativeGranny #42972

“They stopped it from going into China, but they didn’t stop it from going into us,”
    ??????????What in the heck is he talking about? They stopped it from going into China?

EVERYDAY #42975

I saw that too, but sometimes trying to figure out what he’s saying is so exhausting. He just loves to overwhelm people with BS.

If he’s saying the people of China were not infected, well, that’ a lie. Last I read, the total number of COVID cases in China is about 85,000 plus with the death toll at around 4,600. Now China is not always truthful and those numbers could be low, but I expect that, unlike the US, the country has leadership which acted quickly to contain the virus. Plus the people are more likely to obey any rules or laws as to wearing masks, staying on lockdown, social distancing and the rest. The people are not oriented toward being selfish or crowing about individual freedom. They do what they are told for the good of all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.