Trump: No need for full border wall thanks to 'vicious rivers'

Source: New York Daily News | December 2, 2016 | Chris Sommerfeldt

Donald Trump’s ever-changing plan to build a wall along the country’s southern border changed again Thursday, when the President-elect said that the construction won’t have to span the entire border thanks to “vicious rivers” and “mountains.” 

Trump evoked the natural elements during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he had just kicked off his election win “Thank You” tour.

“Now, there are certain places you don’t need a wall, because you have, you know, you have mountains, you have other things. You have large and rather vicious rivers,” Trump said without specifying where those “vicious” sections of water might be. “But, no, we’re building a wall. It’s going to be a real wall, because we’re going to stop the drugs from coming in.”

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #11872

EVERYDAY #11874

Huh?

ConservativeGranny #11875

And he now is saying we need to keep the drugs out but didn’t mention keeping out the illegal immigrants. We all knew this is how it was going to go down. Pop some more popcorn.

EVERYDAY #11876

Trump has been waffling on his signature promise, even during the campaign. But as with every other promise, his loyal fans either ignore it or try to spin it. What is it going to take to shake his brain dead worshipers out of their stupor?

By the way, if by “vicious” rivers, he is talking about the Rio Grande — I’ve been told it’s shallow and easy to cross.

ConservativeGranny #11898

I don’t understand the “vicious rivers” statement either. I thought illegals crossed it all the time? Didn’t that Project Veritas guy do it too and filmed it? O’Keefe I think his name is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.