Trump: 'No reason to call witnesses' in impeachment probe

Source: The Hill | November 4, 2019 | Kyle Balluck and Rebecca Klar

President Trump said early Monday that there is “no reason” to call witnesses in the impeachment inquiry.

“What I said on the phone call with the Ukrainian President is ‘perfectly’ stated. There is no reason to call witnesses to analyze my words and meaning,” he tweeted.

“This is just another Democrat Hoax that I have had to live with from the day I got elected (and before!),” he added. “Disgraceful!”

……….

Trump in an earlier tweet on Monday morning quoted conservative radio and TV host Mark Levin and again called the impeachment probe a “Witch Hunt.”

“Mark Levin, a great lawyer and scholar, said last night on his @marklevinshow, that all you have to do is read the transcript of the call, you do not need Never Trumpers or other witnesses to say what it means or says,” he tweeted.

“It is plainly and very well stated for all to see. Witch Hunt.”

……..

The president’s early morning posts, which included multiple retweets of Levin and Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, come after the House last week voted to approve rules for the impeachment inquiry that cover public hearings.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.