Trump: 'Of course' you look at foreign dirt to 'know if it's bad'

Source: The Hill | June 14, 2019 | Jordan Fabian

President Trump on Friday said he would “of course” look at dirt from a foreign government on his political opponents, but stated he would give it to the FBI if he knew it was “bad.”

The comments were Trump’s latest attempt to do damage control over his comments to ABC News that he would accept damaging information about his rivals from hostile powers, which drew widespread backlash in Washington.

Asked during a call-in interview on “Fox & Friends” what he would do if he was given such information, Trump said “of course you have to look at it” to “know if it’s bad.”

But he added that “if I thought anything was incorrect or badly stated I’d report to the FBI or law enforcement, absolutely.”

“Of course you give it to the FBI or report it to the attorney general,” he added.

Despite the blowback he has faced from Democrats and Republicans, Trump said “I’ve had a lot of support” for his position, but did not cite any examples.

…….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30080

Consistent #30083

Consistent #30084

Consistent #30085

EVERYDAY #30086

(Laughing at Rick Wilson’s “brothel” comment.)

What exactly does the word “bad” mean? “Bad” as in not damaging enough to the opponent? Or “bad” as in some evil deed committed by the opponent?

I really don’t care what he means by “bad.” Any attempt by a foreign country to influence our elections by giving one side potentially damaging information by the opposing side is just plain wrong and it should be turned over to the FBI to investigate.

What is sad is that Trump’s supporters have no trouble with Trump’s lack of integrity. It’s all right with them if Trump spreads lies about an opponent to win. And it’s ok with them if accepting such information from a foreign country allows that country to influence our elections.

Consistent #30105

Consistent #30106

Consistent #30107

Consistent #30109

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.