Trump on Pompeo: I'd rather have him working than doing dishes 'because maybe his wife isn't there'

Source: The Hill | May 18, 2020 | John Bowden

President Trump responded Monday to criticism of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s recommendation that Trump fire a State Department inspector general (IG) who was investigating Pompeo for misuse of government resources, telling reporters he would rather Pompeo assign government workers to wash his dishes or perform other tasks in order to free up time.

Speaking with reporters at the White House, Trump defended Pompeo as a “high-quality person” and a “brilliant guy,” while suggesting that the nation’s top diplomat had assigned government employees to perform household tasks because his wife or children were not around.

“[N]ow I have you telling me about dog walking, washing dishes and you know what, I’d rather have him on the phone with some world leader than have him wash dishes because maybe his wife isn’t there or his kids aren’t…you know,” Trump said.

…….

Linick was overseeing an active investigation into whether or not Pompeo misused a political appointee at the State Department to run errands for both the secretary and his wife, as well as a separate probe into whether Trump illegally issued an emergency declaration in May 2019 to move ahead on weapons sales to Saudi Arabia without congressional authorization.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.