Trump on private border wall segment: ‘It was only done to make me look bad’

Source: Politico | July 12, 2020 | David Cohen

A report indicated a section of the wall is already displaying structural troubles.

Saying it was done to embarrass him, President Donald Trump on Sunday said a reportedly defective section of his new border wall should not have been built by a private company.

ProPublica and the Texas Tribune reported Thursday that a segment of the wall along the Texas-Mexico border was showing dangerous “signs of erosion“ only months after being completed. The section was constructed by Fisher Industries of North Dakota, whose owner called the design a “Lamborghini.” It cost $42 million.

“I disagreed,” Trump tweeted Sunday, “with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles.“ (The misspelling of “perhaps” was part of the tweet.)

……..

The ProPublica-Texas Tribune report spotlighted a section in the Rio Grande Valley with apparently severe structural issues: “Six engineering and hydrology experts consulted by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune said it was concerning to see the level of erosion around the fence so soon after construction and added that segments of Fisher’s steel structure could topple into the river if not fixed.“

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41035

ConservativeGranny #41045

Just like Trump’s presidency.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.