Trump promises Kim Jong Un protection from CIA spying

Source: Yahoo News | June 11, 2019 | David Knowles

President Trump promised he wouldn’t allow the CIA to use spies against North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un after reports surfaced that Kim’s half brother had been a U.S. intelligence asset before he was assassinated in Malaysia.

Kim Jong Nam was killed in February 2017 — allegedly while he was en route to meet a CIA contact — by two women who sprayed a nerve agent in his face. U.S. officials quickly placed the blame for the killing on North Korea.

Trump, speaking to reporters on the White House lawn Tuesday before leaving on a campaign trip to Iowa, was asked about Kim Jong Nam’s spying, which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

“I don’t know, I have not heard about that,” the president said, before contradicting himself and assuring Kim Jong Un that his administration wouldn’t do anything so underhanded.

“I saw the information about the CIA with respect to his brother or half brother, and I would tell him that would not happen under my auspices, that’s for sure,” Trump said. “I wouldn’t let that happen under my auspices.”

The president, as he has in the past, lavished praise on Kim and expressed gratitude for his friendship.

“I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un. I can’t show you the letter, obviously, but it was very personal, very warm, very nice letter,” Trump said.

“North Korea, under his leadership, has great potential,” Trump continued.

………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29999

Consistent #30000

Consistent #30001

EVERYDAY #30003

Again demonstrating Trump’s love for dictators — true enemies of this nation — instead of his own country.

Make Americs Great Again? Nope. Another Trump lie.

ConservativeGranny #30004

This guy is way off the rails and out of control. I fear for our country.

Consistent #30006

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.