Trump rails against impeachment: 'They shouldn't be having public hearings'

Source: The Hill | November 8, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Friday said there should be no public hearings in the impeachment inquiry as he railed against the process unfolding in the House.

“They shouldn’t be having public hearings. This is a hoax,” Trump said as he left the White House for events in Georgia.

The comments mark a sharp break from Trump’s allies who have spent recent weeks complaining about the lack of transparency in the ongoing impeachment inquiry. The first public hearings in the process are set to take place next week.

……..

Trump on Friday downplayed the potentially damaging effects of those transcripts, claiming he was unfamiliar with many of the witnesses and that none of them had first-hand information.

“I’m not concerned about anything,” Trump said. “The testimony has all been fine. I mean for the most part, I’ve never even heard of these people. There are some very fine people. You have some Never Trumpers. It seems that nobody has any first-hand knowledge.”

…….

Diplomat William Taylor and State Department official George Kent will testify on Wednesday, and former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch will testify Friday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.