Trump ramps up rhetoric on media, calls press 'the enemy of the people'

Source: The Hill | April 5, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump said Friday that the press is “truly the enemy of the people,” ratcheting up his use of the derisive label to attack the news media.

“The press is doing everything within their power to fight the magnificence of the phrase, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” Trump tweeted.

“They can’t stand the fact that this Administration has done more than virtually any other Administration in its first 2yrs,” he continued. “They are truly the ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

………

The president has previously described specific outlets and “fake news” as the “enemy of the people,” but so far had not used the characterization to describe the full press corps.

Trump issued the tweet hours after he said he would not attend this year’s White House correspondents’ dinner, telling reporters that it was “too negative.” Trump previously declined to attend last year’s dinner.

It was not immediately clear what triggered the president’s tweet, which came as he flew on Air Force One to visit the border in Calexico, Calif.

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28734

EVERYDAY #28739

That’s all Trump is good for — a lot of over-the-top rhetoric. And I wish someone could tell me exactly what ” this Administration has done more than virtually any other Administration in its first 2yrs.” As far as I can tell, he hasn’t done squat. Which is why he is suddenly so interested in the border and Obamacare. He has done nothing in the last 3 years to fulfill any of his campaign promises and he knows that all but his most loyal fans are going to question why vote for him in 2020 when he did nothing for 4 years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.