Trump ramps up Twitter push on unfounded Scarborough conspiracy theory

Source: The Hill | May 24, 2020 | Justine Coleman

President Trump is ramping up his Twitter push on an unfounded conspiracy theory regarding the death of an intern for former Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.), who now anchors MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The president tweeted on Sunday that there is “a lot of interest” in the story about “Psycho Joe Scarborough.” He encouraged his followers to read an article from conservative website True Pundit that alleged evidence showed foul play was involved in the death of Lori Klausutis, 28, in 2001.

“So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die?” Trump asked. “I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator?”

The president also mentioned the incident Saturday, retweeting a story about his call for an investigation into Klausutis’s death, which was ruled accidental.

“A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida…and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!” the president said. 

Klausutis died in 2001 in Scarborough’s district office, and a medical examiner ruled the death an accident, saying she collapsed and hit her head on the desk because of an undiagnosed heart condition.

………

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #39276

Consistent #39277

Consistent #39278

Consistent #39280

Consistent #39281

Consistent #39282

Consistent #39283

Consistent #39284

Consistent #39285

Consistent #39286

EVERYDAY #39287

“A lot of interest in this story about Psycho Joe Scarborough.”

The only ones interested in this almost 10-year-old, long ago debunked conspiracy theory are Trump and his fans who would believe any crackpot conspiracy theory out there even when it has been proven to be false.

I wonder what Miss Klausutis’ loved ones think about a childish president using her death for personal and political gain. It has to reopen a lot of old wounds in their hearts. Trump’s cruelty is almost unimaginable.

Consistent #39291

EVERYDAY #39297

The Washington Post article alluded to in the above tweet shows the damage Trump is causing to Mrs. Klausutis’ loved ones. Now they have to be concerned about some sick conspiracy nuts harassing them like the ones who causes such grief to the Sandy Hook parents. Trump is a cold, unfeeling monster who only cares about himself.

And to correct my previous post — this tragedy occurred 20 years ago, not 10. And the deceased was married, so she was known as Mrs. Klausutis, not Miss.

ConservativeGranny #39309

I don’t know why Trump feels so threatened by Joe that he would deliberately cause this family, who has already suffered so much, even more pain. He is incapable of feeling any empathy for anyone. It is part of his mental illness.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.