Trump refuses to denounce white supremacy, says 'stand back and stand by' on Proud Boys movement

Source: The Hill | September 29, 2020 | J. Edward Moreno

President Trump refused to denounce white supremacy during an intense debate with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden Tuesday night. “Almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing,” Trump said when directly asked to denounce white supremacists and militia groups who have aligned themselves with him.

Trump asked moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News to “give me a name,” then Biden chimed in and noted the Proud Boys, a group that the Southern Poverty Law Center has designated as a hate group.

The Proud Boys describe themselves as “a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world; aka Western Chauvinists” and have been tied to violent protests, often in support of the president.

“Proud Boys — stand back and stand by,” Trump said Tuesday night.

Trump then moved attention to the left-wing anti-fascist movement known as antifa. 

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #43214

EVERYDAY #43216

And yet, Trump has been nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize. I wonder if the people nominating him are aware that he told the Proud Boys last night to “stand down and stand by.” Sounds to me like he wants them to be ready for when he loses the election.

EVERYDAY #43219

I just wrote to my congressman and senators urging them to investigate. Trump’s statement sounds like a threat or an invitation for violence. and I’m sure there are laws against terroristic threats and intimidation. This is not something congress should brush off as Trump being Trump. It’s serious; a few fiends of mine were in touch with me this morning and they were terrified by this statement. I’m sure there are others who are concerned as well.

And yes I was wrong. The phrase was “stand BACK and stand by,” not “stand DOWN..”

Consistent #43221

Consistent #43223

EVERYDAY #43228

The Hill is now reporting that Trump says to the Proud Boys to “stand DOWN.” He also claims to not really know who the Proud Boys are.

Horse manure. “Stand down” is not what he said last night. And he did not explain the other part of his remark “stand by.”

No I don’t buy it that he doesn’t know who the Proud Boys are. More lies from the Liar-in-Chief. He’s trying to revise what he said last night, hoping no one will notice. Well, I noticed and I’m sure many others did too.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518992-trump-says-proud-boys-should-stand-down-after-backlash-to-debate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.