Trump refuses to disavow QAnon

Source: The Hill | October 15, 2020 | Morgan Chalfant

President Trump on Thursday refused to disavow QAnon during an NBC News town hall, saying he knows nothing about it beyond that supporters of the theory are “strongly against pedophilia.”

Trump was asked by host Savannah Guthrie to disavow the conspiracy theory, after she described it as a theory about Democrats being a satanic pedophile ring.

“I know nothing about QAnon. I know very little,” Trump said. “You told me but what you tell me doesn’t necessarily make it fact. I hate to say that.”

“I know nothing about it. I do know they are very much against pedophilia, they fight it very hard. But I know nothing about it,” Trump continued.

When Guthrie noted that Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said QAnon is “nuts” and that “real leaders call conspiracy theories conspiracy theories,” Trump again said claimed to have no knowledge about the theory.

“He may be right. I just don’t know about QAnon,” Trump said.

“You do know,” Guthrie pressed.

“I don’t know,” Trump continued.

QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory whose followers believe that an underground cabal of Satanic worshipers run child sex trafficking rings and are in control of the so-called “deep state” government and that Trump is working to expose them.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.