Trump replaces Secret Service director

Source: The Hill | April 8, 2019 | Zack Budryk

President Trump is removing U.S. Secret Service Director Randolph “Tex” Alles from his position.

“United States Secret Service director Randolph ‘Tex’ Alles has done a great job at the agency over the last two years, and the President is thankful for his over 40 years of service to the country,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Monday. “Mr. Alles will be leaving shortly and President Trump has selected James M. Murray, a career member of the [United States Secret Service], to take over as director beginning in May.”

CNN first reported that Trump was firing Alles, citing multiple administration officials.

………

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28768

EVERYDAY #28769

There are problems in the Secret Service that may require more than replacing the director. The Secret Service was once the best of the best, but they have been slipping lately. I don’t know what the problem is, but someone had better find out and solve it fast, or we may see a real tragedy.

ConservativeGranny #28770

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Chinese woman incident at Mar a lago.

EVERYDAY #28771

Possibly, although the SS claims it was not responsible for security at Mar-a-Lago.

ConservativeGranny #28774

I’m thinking it could be because the SS pointed the finger at Trump’s staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.