Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me

Source: The Hill | July 28, 2016 | Jesse Byrnes

Donald Trump said Thursday that Republicans wary of his campaign have little choice but to vote for him anyway.

“If you really like Donald Trump, that’s great, but if you don’t, you have to vote for me anyway. You know why? Supreme Court judges, Supreme Court judges,” Trump said at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

“Have no choice, sorry, sorry, sorry. You have no choice,” Trump continued, calling the late Justice Antonin Scalia a “great guy” and acknowledging tied decisions at the Supreme Court after his death.

Trump said the next president “will probably have three, could be four, could even be five” appointments to make to the Supreme Court, alluding to the ages of senior justices.

….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8774

Consistent #8775

EVERYDAY #8776

Trump and his fans have been engaged for the last few months in an effort to coerce true conservatives — particularly, Ted Cruz supporters– into voting for Trump. This is one of the many tactics they use: Hillary is the bogeynan and the only way to save ourselves from an all liberal court will be to vote for Trump.

Trouble is, there is no guarantee that Trump, as President, would nominate conservatives for SCOTUS. He had a list of presumably conservative judges he might nominate for SCOTUS, but like all of his promises, he latet declared that list a “suggestion” or something. He also once said his pro-abortiin sister would be a good justice.

Bottom line is that Trump cannot be trusted in anything. That includes the nomination of judges.

ConservativeGranny #8778

Does he have to repeat a word in each sentence 3 times, 3 times, 3 times? And he exaggerates the same way. Two maybe, three, four, five times. It’s like he has some kind of speech disorder.

Good thing I’m not Rep so I have choice, a choice, a choice:)

ConstitutionalConservative #8779

ConservativeGranny said:
    Good thing I’m not Rep so I have choice, a choice, a choice:)”

That was my first thought also; who is he talking to, I’m not a republican so unlike republicans or democrats who dictate and rule with an iron fist, I have a choice, a good and trustworthy choice, I’m writing in Ted Cruz.
    As for the SCOTUS trump knows little or nothing about how to nominate and get his nominations through congress, he knows little or nothing about congress, worst of all he knows little or nothing about “We The People” we are not all the fools he takes us for and we are a grand multitude who will not be manipulated by threats.

There is one thing I agree with trump… he is a very SORRY individual, a SORRY candidate and a SORRY orange faced organ grinder who although he can make some trumpanzees dance to his sick and sorry tune for now; they will turn when they learn.

EVERYDAY #8780

In 4 years, no matter who wins the presidency, the Trumpies will be BEGGING for Ted Cruz to lead them out of the darkness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.