Trump RNC Speech Makes Yelling Great Again

Source: Daily Wire | July 21, 2016 | Ben Shapiro

….

Donald Trump bellowed his way through it like a braying jackass.

The lines that didn’t seem problematic on paper leapt off the screen as Trump howled for 75 straight minutes (microphones: how do they work?). The text was decent, if properly delivered; the delivery was a trainwreck filled with clowns dousing themselves in gasoline and setting themselves on fire while honking their horn-noses furiously and screaming.

Donald Trump Made Yelling Great Again™.

That actually had an impact. The personal touches disappeared into a maelstrom of anger. Lines that should have sounded sympathetic – “I am your voice” – came off like threats. When Trump made promises the crowd liked, they began chanting “Yes you will,” in creepy Messianic fashion. When Trump intoned, “I alone can fix this,” he was cheered wildly. Trump even took a moment to throw Republicans under the bus – when they cheered him for saying that he opposed the murder of gays by ISIS, he stopped to say that he found that great, implying that Republicans would have supported such a thing.

There was never a soft moment. Never a respite. It was a brutal assault on the senses. And it made what could have been a powerful, unifying speech into an over-the-top call for control.

I mentioned earlier today that the speech wasn’t Constitutional or conservative – it was a nationalist appeal to discontent over the state of the country. But as Trump delivered it, it was more than that: it was a diatribe that could only be cured by centralizing power in the Orange Godking.

Here’s something telling: a quick word count:

Freedom: 1

Liberty: 0

Constitution: 1

Unborn: 0

Marriage: 0

Values: 1

Morals: 0

I: 83

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8450

Consistent #8451

EVERYDAY #8452

It was 11 pm and I wanted to watch local news. Turned on the TV and there was Trump — STILL YAPPING. What little I saw and heard was an incoherent mess. Nothing as presidential as Ted Cruz’s speech Thursday night. But the Trumpanzees were eating it up. Is there something in the water that is making o ce intelligent people so stupid?

Consistent #8454

Consistent #8457

Consistent #8461

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.