Trump: Roger Stone 'had nothing to do' with Comey firing

Source: Politico | May 10, 2017 | Aidan Quigley

President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday morning that former campaign aide Roger Stone “had nothing to do” with his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey.

“The Roger Stone report on @CNN is false – Fake News,” he tweeted. “Have not spoken to Roger in a long time – had nothing to do with my decision.”

Multiple outlets, including POLITICO, reported Stone personally recommended to Trump that he fire Comey. Stone, a noted political provocateur, claimed earlier this week that he still talks to Trump.

“I am not the source of Politico/ CNN stories claiming I urged @realDonaldTrump 2 fire Comey,” Stone tweeted. “Never made such claim. I support decision 100%”

…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15669

Consistent #15670

ConservativeGranny #15676

The firing was another Trump temper tantrum and as usual everyone has to scramble to do damage control. The only problem this time is that the damage cannot be fixed. There is no way that I believe Jeff Sessions and the Deputy AG recommended Comey’s firing. I believe that letter was fabricated after the fact.

This type of thing seems to happen quite often in Trump’s administration. They can’t control him nor even rein him in a bit. I hope these sycophants of Trumps are well rewarded monetarily because after Trump’s ship sinks, and it will, their political careers will be over and all credibility lost.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.