Trump says he disagrees with 'send her back' chant

Source: The Hill | July 18, 2019 | Jordan Fabian

President Trump on Thursday said he disagrees with the “send her back” chant that rang throughout his North Carolina rally when he attacked Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).

“I was not happy with it,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “I disagree with it.”

The chant began as the president made a litany of attacks on Omar, part of his days-long onslaught against a group of four minority, progressive Democratic congresswomen.

Asked why he did not stop the chants, Trump responded, “I think I did. I started speaking very quickly.”

The president did not speak up to stop the chants. After the chants began, he paused for 14 seconds, looked around with a neutral expression and waited for the crowd to quiet down before continuing his remarks.

Trump also sought to distance himself from his supporters who made them, telling reporters to go to North Carolina and “ask the people why they chanted.”

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30734

Consistent #30735

EVERYDAY #30736

Sure he does. Just like Trump regrets inflaming his audiences toward a protester at one of his 2016 campaign allies with rhetoric like “punch him in the nose.”

It’s all part of entertaining his fans. Trump is a lowlife and his audiences are too. Trump knows how to push their buttons. When they act like this, then he has succeeded in entertaining them and as long as they are entertained, they will continue to support him and vote for him next year.

Consistent #30740

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.