Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G7 summit

Source: Politico | October 19, 2019 | Evan Semones

President Donald Trump announced Saturday that next year’s G-7 conference will not take place at his Doral resort.

“Based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020,” he tweeted.

…….

Trump said the search for another location will begin “immediately” and could include Camp David.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32710

Consistent #32711

Consistent #32712

Consistent #32713

Consistent #32714

Consistent #32715

Consistent #32716

Consistent #32717

ConservativeGranny #32718

Funny how they will have to start to immediately look for a new venue. What happened to all the other choices they were supposedly considering? Guess they didn’t have a plan B all along.

GOP must have realized it would be awkward hosting the G7 at a Trump venue after he was impeached and no longer in office.

How much longer are they going to torture the US with this embarrassing lunatic?

EVERYDAY #32719

Granny, I wonder how many other venues were really interested in hosting this summit. Sure, it would in theory be a moneymaker for these resorts, but it would also be a major headache. There would be security issues, loss of revenue from paying guests (Trump has been known to have stiffed venues and cities where he has held his rallies; I wonder whether he would hold off paying the venue hosting this summit too). I’m just not sure any business would want the hassle of such an event. Seems to me the downsides outweigh any profit.

And Camp David? Not so sure it would be a feasible location — maybe too small and there might be a logistics problem from a security standpoint. Besides, Trump hardly uses the place himself — he would rather waste taxpayer money flying around to his golf resorts for his many vacations — so why would he even want to host the summit there?

More horse manure from our current baloney salesman-in-chief.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.