Trump says niece's book would violate nondisclosure agreement

Source: The Hill | June 22, 2020 | John Bowden

President Trump said a book that his niece plans to publish about their family life would violate a nondisclosure agreement she signed with her father’s estate that bars her from publishing anything regarding her relationship with the president or other family members.

In an interview with Axios published Sunday evening, the president said Mary Trump is “not allowed” to publish a book about him and indicated that his team was caught off guard by the news.

“She’s not allowed to write a book,” President Trump said in the interview. “You know, when we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with — she’s got a brother, Fred [Trump], who I do have a good relationship with, but when we settled, she has a total … signed a nondisclosure.”

“I have a brother, Robert, very good guy, and he’s — he’s very angry about it,” the president added. “But she signed a nondisclosure agreement and she’s obviously not honoring it if she writes a book. It’s too bad.”

News of Mary Trump’s plans to publish the book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” was first reported earlier this month by the Daily Beast, which said Mary Trump was under a nondisclosure agreement with the estate of Fred Trump.

…….

Mary Trump is expected to declare in the book that she was the source for a major New York Times investigation into the president’s taxes that found the Trump Organization had lost around $1.2 billion over nine years and was involved in tax schemes during the 1980s.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.