Trump slams 'rogue' Sasse after criticism of executive actions

Source: The Hill | August 10, 2020 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Monday lashed out at Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), accusing the senator of having “gone rouge” after he sharply criticized the president’s executive action over the weekend aimed at providing coronavirus aid in lieu of a congressional deal.

“RINO Ben Sasse, who needed my support and endorsement in order to get the Republican nomination for Senate from the GREAT State of Nebraska, has, now that he’s got it (Thank you President T), gone rogue, again,” Trump tweeted. “This foolishness plays right into the hands of the Radical Left Dems!”

……..

Sasse on Saturday decried Trump’s series of executive actions that unilaterally sought to extend enhanced unemployment benefits, defer payroll tax collection and offer assistance on rent and student loan payments as “unconstitutional slop.”

“President Obama did not have the power to unilaterally rewrite immigration law with DACA, and President Trump does not have the power to unilaterally rewrite the payroll tax law,” Sasse said in a statement, referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. “Under the Constitution, that power belongs to the American people acting through their members of Congress.”

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41822

EVERYDAY #41826

Today’s Trump enemy du jour is Ben Sasse.

Uh, Little Donnie, the one “going rogue” is you. Those orders you signed will likely be declared unconstitutional. You would know that if you were a real constitutional conservative like Ben Sasse.

Consistent #41835

Consistent #41875

ConservativeGranny #41876

Trump’s always reverts to his old lines that are so overused they have become not only laughable but nauseating.
    Begged me for a job.
    Begged me for money.
    Needed my endorsement.
    Couldn’t win without me
    I don’t know him (her)
    I know nothing about that (true more often than not LOL)
    Like we’ve never seen before
    unbelievable crowds
    Like you wouldn’t believe
    Never happened before blah blah blah blah

Trump has got to stop picking fights with people who are not his intellectual equals. Glad a few are calling him out. He wants to publically humiliate people? Okay. Now that it is becoming more and more likely that Trump is going to be a nobody after November 2020 more people are going to be giving him a taste of his own medicine. We will see how he likes it. Score one for Sasse.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.