Trump snubs Haley

Source: Politico | February 18, 2021 | Tara Palmeri, Eli Okun and Garrett Ross

SCOOP: NIKKI HALEY reached out to former President DONALD TRUMP on Wednesday to request a sit-down at Mar-a-Lago, but a source familiar tells Playbook that he turned her down. The two haven’t spoken since the insurrection on Jan. 6, when Haley blasted Trump for inciting his supporters to storm the Capitol.

The snub comes on the heels of Tim Alberta’s deep dive in POLITICO Magazine last week on Haley’s presidential ambitions and how she’s trying to have it both ways with Trump.

Channeling George Costanza in mid-December, Haley refused to confront Trump over his election lies because he believed they were true. “I understand the president. I understand that genuinely, to his core, he believes he was wronged,” Haley told Alberta. “This is not him making it up.”

After Jan. 6, Haley changed her tune.

“I think he’s going to find himself further and further isolated,” Haley said of the defeated president. “I think his business is suffering at this point. I think he’s lost any sort of political viability he was going to have. I think he’s lost his social media, which meant the world to him. I mean, I think he’s lost the things that really could have kept him moving.”

And: “I don’t think he’s going to be in the picture,” she said, matter-of-factly. “I don’t think he can. He’s fallen so far.”

Haley tried to recover Thursday with a damage-control op-ed in the WSJ wrapped in blame-the-media rhetoric. But Trump, apparently, isn’t having it.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47480

EVERYDAY #47485

Nikki, you have been “disloyal. ” Why would you expect Trump to see you?

Foolish woman. Her once rising star political career is now toast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.