Trump supporters should be thanking Senator Mike Lee and Ken Cuccinelli

Source: Conservative Review | July 18, 2016 | Robert Eno

If there is one area that the mainstream media has failed in the run-up to the 2016 convention, it’s covering proposed rules changes to the Republican Party. Time and time again the media conflate that any rules change is anti-Trump and shoe horns the story into their #NeverTrump narrative.

The unfortunate result is that scores of Trump supporters buy the narrative and are mistakenly upset with conservative stalwarts Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah (A, 100%) and Ken Cuccinelli. Anyone who is concerned about the lack of transparency in the Republican Party or the ever increasing centralization of power that is used to favor one candidate over another or thwart conservatives owes a debt of gratitude to these men.

The rules changes conservatives sought today were not anti-Trump. In actuality they were pro-Trump’s message of not encouraging a “rigged” system and Trump supporters should be livid. The rules adopted today increase the power of the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, lessen the voice of grassroots republicans, and further allow the establishment to rig the system.

The effort to return power to the grassroots did not start today, or even this year. Conservative members of the Rules committee have long tried to change rules that limit the involvement of the grassroots in the party. With a large portion of anti-establishment delegates in the hall, conservatives finally saw their chance to affect real change.  They were thwarted by the establishment who convinced Trump delegates that this was an effort to steal the election from Trump.

….

Cuccinelli had it exactly right when he told Tapper, “what I do not understand is the RNC violating its own rules right here and decimating its own grassroots.”

Today a coalition of Trump supporters, Cruz supporters, Kasich supporters and those who supported other candidates during the primary process had their voices trampled on by the establishment in a rigged process. Trump supporters should be upset they weren’t told what they were really voting on.

There’s at least one high profile Trump supporter upset at what happened in the rules committee today. Gary Emineth, a former Chair of the North Dakota Republican Party and top fundraiser for the joint fundraising committee supporting Trump and the RNC resigned his position today in disgust. The Hill reported Emineth said, I was on the Trump finance committee and I just resigned because that bully tactic is absurd,” Emineth continued, saying:.

I just texted them right now. Why can’t the people be heard? I’ve been texting Reince for 10 minutes. He said we didn’t have the votes. We had 10, 11 states. They peeled people back. They were calling delegations asking people to step off the committee. You don’t do this in America. You do this in other countries.

That’s one high-profile Trump supporter who got what just happened today.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8195

Victoria #8199

The Republican Party is now totally in the hands of the RNC Chairman, whoever that is now and in the future. Power in the hands of one person. Can you say Hitler, Stalin, any one person in history who had ultimate power? The power of the chairman is now the right hand of any candidate who makes it to this point of being president.

Now we have Trump who has made it this far and the chairman now paves the way for him to claim the mantle of King of the Hill. I will stay in the valley and he can have the hill.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.