Trump surprised and ‘very appreciative’ about Biden’s praise

Source: The Hill | December 22, 2021 | Adam Barnes

“I think it was a terrific thing, and I think it makes a lot of people happy.”

President Biden’s praise for the previous administration’s efforts in rolling out a COVID-19 vaccine “surprised” former President Trump, the 45th president said Tuesday. 

“Thanks to the prior administration and our scientific community, America was one of the first countries to get the vaccine,” Biden said in remarks from the White House in an update on the U.S. coronavirus strategy. 

“Thanks to my administration and the hard work of Americans, we led a rollout that made America among the world leaders in getting shots in arms,” he added, referring to the Trump administration’s COVID-19 vaccine effort dubbed “Operation Warp Speed.”

Trump told Fox News in an interview Tuesday night he was both surprised and appreciative of Biden’s comments, adding he believes they will move the country forward. 

“I’m very appreciative of that — I was surprised to hear it,” Trump told Fox News. “I think it was a terrific thing, and I think it makes a lot of people happy.”

“I think he did something very good,” Trump said. “You know, it has to be a process of healing in this country, and that will help a lot.”

“When we came up with these incredible vaccines — three of them — and therapeutics, we did a tremendous job, and we should never disparage them,” Trump continued. “We should be really happy about it because we’ve all saved millions and millions of lives all over the world.”

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51241

Consistent #51242

Consistent #51245

Consistent #51258

EVERYDAY #51259

Trump’s efforts to kill his enemies (anyone who doesn’t worship him) has backfired for the most part. COVID killed a number of his fans and in setting up his 2024 campaign, he may have realized that he killed many of his voters. So he’s trying to reinvent himself as a believer in science, the good guy who is trying to save us from COVID and always did. Now my memory may be faulty but I remember clearly how he dismissed COVID as a hoax, lied about it, promoted fake cures, spread COVID disinformation, refused to listen to real experts, held COIVID spreading rallies and when the vaccines came out, he did nothing to facilitate their distribution.

Trump does nothing out of the goodness of his heart (he doesn’t have any goodness to begin with). Everything he says or does is designed to benefit him in some way. He is not worthy of praise for saying something now he could have said almost a year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.