Trump taps Texas Rep. Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as top intelligence official

Source: The Hill | July 28, 2019 | Morgan Chalfant

Dan Coats is out as President Trump’s director of national intelligence. Trump on Sunday announced Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) will replace Coats, who is set to leave his position on Aug. 15. The news came hours after reports began to circulate that Coats’s departure was imminent.

The position was expected to be filled by Coats’s deputy, Sue Gordon, in the interim, though Trump added a layer of uncertainty on Sunday by saying he would announce an acting director “shortly.” 

“I am pleased to announce that highly respected Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas will be nominated by me to be the Director of National Intelligence. A former U.S. Attorney, John will lead and inspire greatness for the Country he loves. Dan Coats, the current Director, will be leaving office on August 15th. I would like to thank Dan for his great service to our Country. The Acting Director will be named shortly,” Trump wrote in a pair of tweets Sunday evening.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31038

Consistent #31044

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.