Trump tells McConnell it's too soon to 'give up' after GOP leader congratulates Biden

Source: The Hill | December 16, 2020 | Dominick Mastrangelo

President Trump told Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in a tweet early Wednesday that it was too soon to “give up” after the Kentucky Republican conceded that President-elect Joe Biden won November’s election.

“Republican Party must finally learn to fight,” Trump added. “People are angry!”

In his tweet, the president shared an article titled “Trump’s allies slam Mitch McConnell for congratulating Biden.”

……..

McConnell on Tuesday also warned Senate Republicans against participating in any such protest.

“Look, I don’t have any advice to give the president on the subject. I said for me and I think on the basis of the way the system works the decision by the Electoral College yesterday was determinative,” McConnell said.

Stephen Miller, a top aide to Trump, turned heads on Monday when he suggested Trump’s team was considering sending an “alternate” slate of electors to Congress, though there is no process by which they could do so and such an effort would require a vote in both the House and Senate. 

“The only date in the Constitution is Jan. 20. So we have more than enough time to right the wrong of this fraudulent election result and certify Donald Trump as the winner of the election,” Miller said during a television interview. “This will ensure that all of our legal remedies remain open.” 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45471

EVERYDAY #45473

It’s too soon because Diaper Don hasn’t bled his donors dry yet.

And if McConnell thinks by finally declaring Pres. Biden the winner, he has saved himself from the wrath of voters, he is dead wrong. Voters still regard him as an accomplice in Trump’s dirty deeds and they will not forget. And the Trump cult now views him as a traitor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.