Trump tells Russian TV that Putin is a 'great guy' and 'terrific person' at G-20 summit

Source: Washington Examiner | June 29, 2019 | Jerry Dunleavy

President Trump told a reporter from Russian TV that Russian President Vladimir Putin was a “great guy” and a “terrific person” following a meeting with the Russian leader at the G-20 Summit in Japan over the weekend.

A reporter from Russia 24, a Russian state-owned television station, approached Trump and asked him how he’d liked his meeting with Putin. Trump replied with praise for the Russian leader. “He is a great guy. I think we had a really good meeting. I think he is a good person, we started discussing trade. I think we should have trade between Russia and USA, two great countries. We had a great meeting yesterday. He is a terrific person,” Trump said.

The exchange was broadcast on Russian television.

Putin called Trump “a talented person” earlier this week, saying that Trump had won the 2016 election without any help from the Russia.

“Russia has been accused, and, strange as it may seem, it is still being accused of alleged interference in the U.S. election,” Putin said. “What happened in reality? Mr. Trump looked into his opponents’ attitude to him and saw changes in American society, and he took advantage of this.”

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.