TRUMP: 'The saddest thing' is that I'm not supposed to influence the Justice Dep

Source: Business Insider | November 3, 2017 | Allan Smith

TRUMP: ‘The saddest thing’ is that I’m not supposed to influence the Justice Department and FBI

President Donald Trump lamented in a Thursday interview that he can’t exert more influence over the Justice Department and FBI.

“The saddest thing is that because I’m the president of the United States, I am not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department. I am not supposed to be involved with the FBI,” Trump said on “The Larry O’Connor Show” less than a week after special counsel Robert Mueller handed down indictments to former members of his campaign, including former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Trump was responding to a comment from the host that his listeners want to see the Justice Department go after 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

“I look at what’s happening with the Justice Department. Well, why aren’t they going after Hillary Clinton with her emails and with her, the dossier?” Trump said, referencing Democratic Party-funded dossier on Trump’s alleged connections to Russia, which has been both partially discredited and partially corroborated.

The president added that he is “very unhappy” with where the Justice Department “isn’t going.”

“I am not supposed to be doing the kind of things that I would love to be doing,” he said. “And I am very frustrated by it.”

Trump’s interactions with the Justice Department have come under scrutiny, particularly as they relate to his May firing of former FBI Director James Comey, which led to Mueller’s appointment. Comey was overseeing the FBI’s investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russian officials in the 2016 presidential election, an investigation that is now folded into the special counsel’s Russia-related probe.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.