Trump Threatens Cruz, Says Cruz's Father Worked With JFK's Killer, Denies…

Source: Daily Wire | July 22, 2016 | Ben Shapiro

BACK TO NORMAL: Trump Threatens Cruz, Says Cruz’s Father Worked With JFK’s Killer, Denies Attacking Heidi Cruz

….

Republicans just nominated the stupidest, most unstable man in the country for the presidency. For one night, they could forget that – the teleprompter hid it, even if his face gave telltale, sweaty signs. By the next morning, the teleprompter was gone, and Trump was back to being Trump.

Because Trump doesn’t care about winning the election against Hillary – because revenge on perceived enemies is his primary goal in life – Trump revived the pre-RNC speech story of the day: Ted Cruz. After talking about the success of the convention, Trump couldn’t keep his hands from the shiny object before him: Ted Cruz’s political career. He launched into it – during a brief thank you to his own staff (h/t to Sopan Deb of CBS News for the transcript):

Honestly, he may have ruined his political career. I feel so badly. I feel so badly. And you know he’ll come and endorse over the next little awhile. He’ll come and endorse, it’s because he has no choice. But I don’t want his endorsement. What difference does it make. I don’t want his endorsement. I don’t want his endorsement. Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself. Just a couple of things.’

I knew his speech. They gave me his speech. I saw exactly what his speech was, because when you go up to speak, you have to give your speech. We don’t want surprises. So they gave it. They came to me. They said, ‘It’s a boring speech, Mr. Trump. Nothing good, nothing bad. He congratulates you in the victory and here’s the speech.’ Well, he got up and the first two sentences he added a sentence. In other words, he got up and he added a sentence, which could’ve been viewed as a nasty thing in terms of what he said because he was implying something which is wrong but that’s okay.

So he took his speech and you’re bound by the speech just like you’re bound by the pledge. You’re bound by the pledge. So Ted Cruz took his speech that was done, was on the teleprompter, said hello then made a statement that wasn’t on the speech and then went back to his speech. See to me, that’s dishonorable, to me, not signing a pledge is dishonorable. It’s dishonorable. Not a nice thing to do.

….

The Trump campaign had the speech in advance. Trump tweeted about it. Now he’s lying, because he never stops lying, and his magical tapestry of lies so overwhelms the senses of his apparently slack-jawed sycophants that they believe him, believe him. As an emailer expressed this morning, Cruz essentially went to the convention to play Ned Stark – admitting his sins and begging to be sent to The Wall – and Trump agreed. Then Trump went full King Joffrey and beheaded him instead.

And played the victim, because that’s what he does.

Trump didn’t stop there. There was more:

I like Ted, he’s fine. Again, I don’t want his endorsement. If he gives it, I will not accept it, just so you understand. If he gives it, I will not accept it, just so you understand. If he gives it I will – I will not accept. It wont’ matter. Honestly, he should’ve done it because nobody cares and he would’ve been in better shape for four years from now if he’s gonna be – I don’t think, I don’t see him winning anyway, frankly. But if he – if he did I – it’s fine. Although, maybe I’ll set up a Super PAC if he decides to run. Are you allowed to set up a Super PAC, Mike, if you are the president to fight somebody?

I didn’t start anything with the wife. A PAC which he’s very friendly with released – released a cover story on my wife who was a tremendously successful and elegant model and she was on the cover of GQ magazine. I think it was GQ, right? GQ Magazine is not exactly Penthouse, but she was on the cover of GQ Magazine. An artsy picture but you know that’s why she was a model…Then, when I saw somebody tweeted a picture of Melania and a picture of Heidi who I think I am by the way is a very nice woman and a very beautiful woman, I have to tell you, I think Heidi Cruz is a great person. I think it’s the best thing he’s got going, and his kids, if you want to know the truth. In a certain way, although he’s got good intellect but he doesn’t know how to use it and he was a good debater but he didn’t do well in the debates against me.

Again, this is lies. Liz Mair’s super PAC, which has no association with Cruz – Mair didn’t even back Cruz in the primaries – put out the Melania ad. Trump explicitly attacked Heidi Cruz with his Twitter account. Personally. He’s a liar and a jackass and a boor, and he can’t stand that he’s perceived that way, so he feels the need to double down on his lying, boorish jackassery.

But the insanity didn’t stop there.

He continued:

Number two, his father. I don’t know his father. I met him once. I think he’s a lovely guy. I think he’s a lovely guy. All I did was point out the fact that on the cover of the Naitonal Enquirer there was a picture of him and crazy Lee Harvey Oswald having breakfast. Now Ted never denied that it was his father. Instead, he said Donald Trump – I had nothing to do with it. This was a magazine that frankly, in many respects, should be very respected. They got OJ, they got Edwards, they got this. I mean if that was the New York Times they wouldn’t gotten Pulitzer Prizes for their reporting. I’ve always said why didn’t the National Enquirer get the Pulitzer Prize for Edwards and OJ Simpson and all of these things? But anyway, so they have a picture, an old picture having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. Now, nothing – I’m not saying anything. They said, and here’ show the press takes that story. So this had nothing to do with me except I might have pointed it out but it had nothing to do with me. I have no control over anything. I might have pointed it out. But they never denied, did anybody ever…Did anybody ever deny that was the father? They’re not saying, ‘Oh that wasn’t really my father.’ It was a little hard to do. It looked like him. So here’s the story. The press takes that and they say, ‘Donald Trump and his conspiracy theories. He went out and said his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald and he assassinated the president.’ What did I do? So two things. Those were the two points. So on those two points he said about the endorsement and I just had it cleared up. I think I’m doing the right thing, I’m doing it but I have to do it. Number 1, the Heidi thing you understand. Now, number two, I know nothing about his father. I know nothing about Lee Harvey Oswald, but there was a picture on the front page of the National Enquirer, which does have credibility.

….

All the while, Mike Pence looked on, the horror of a thousand dying puppies playing behind his eyes. But Pence should be stapled to Trump’s pant-leg from now on. He bought the ticket. He’s along for the terrifying ride.

Ted Cruz’s failure to endorse Donald Trump is looking pretty good this morning.

Donald Trump is unstable. His instability isn’t the harmless senility of the fool. It’s the harmful insanity of a demagogue with no limits. The same man who hee-haws about Lee Harvey Oswald and the National Enquirer says that he’ll essentially let Russia invade NATO countries and chuckle along as a Turkish Islamist purges his country of dissidents.

The Republicans just nominated this person.

Maybe it’s not just Trump who’s insane.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8498

ConservativeGranny #8502

It’s never been more clear to me that this man is mentally unstable. The fact that people could watch this fiasco today and not draw the same conclusion, that he is unfit for POTUS shows you just are weak many Americans are mentally and morally.

There is just no way I can see for anyone claiming to be conservative could vote for this man. We have two candidates who are both liars, criminal and lacking in morality and principles. And they have both gotten this far with the support of Americans. What does that say about us? They are a reflection of what many Americans have become. I fear the good guys are just too outnumbered. Nothing good is going to result from either of them being elected POTUS.

I don’t know what else there is today but skip the POTUS race and pray that God has mercy on the rest of us. But those who helped to further either of these two evil people into office will have to answer for it one way or another.

The way I see it is that there is a choice before us. God is watching. How will we choose? Will we side with evil or stand with what is right? It’s not just our country that is at stake, I believe it is also our immortal souls.

Consistent #8505

slhancock1948 #8510

He won’t take back the lie. Period! He is evil!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.