Trump threatens to unleash gunfire on Minnesota protesters

Source: Politico | May 29, 2020 | Quint Forgey

The president’s tweet earned a warning label from Twitter for violating its policies on “glorifying violence.”

President Donald Trump on Friday appeared to urge the shooting of looters in Minnesota, bursting into a volatile national debate over the death of an African-American man in police custody and issuing an online provocation against U.S. citizens so extraordinary it was partially obscured by Twitter.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right,” Trump tweeted minutes before 1 a.m.

In the second part of his message, Trump tweeted: “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!”

The president’s early morning post, which came at the end of the third day of raging protests in Minnesota’s Twin Cities, earned a warning label from Twitter for violating its policies on “glorifying violence.” But the popular social media platform “determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible,” and allowed users to view Trump’s tweet if they chose. Twitter’s communications team also tweeted it had “placed a public interest notice” on the post in part due to the “risk it could inspire similar actions today.”

……..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #39460

Consistent #39463

Consistent #39464

Consistent #39465

Consistent #39466

Consistent #39467

Consistent #39471

Consistent #39472

Consistent #39476

Consistent #39477

Consistent #39479

Consistent #39500

Consistent #39501

EVERYDAY #39503

Way to go, Donnie! Fan the flames. I don’t care what the explanation is. Trump’s big yap and his Twitter nonsense is going to destroy us before the rioting does.

Consistent #39517

Consistent #39518

Consistent #39519

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.