Trump to award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh

Source: Politico | February 4, 2020 | Gabby Orr, Daniel Lippman and Meridith McGraw

It is the highest civilian award in the U.S.

President Donald Trump plans to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the highest civilian award in the U.S. – to conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh after learning of his advanced cancer diagnosis, the president told television anchors at a private lunch.

Limbaugh, 69, revealed his cancer diagnosis on his popular radio program Monday afternoon, telling listeners that his treatment plan likely means “there are going to be days when I’m not able to be here.” A Florida resident himself, Limbaugh has repeatedly been spotted golfing with Trump at the president’s Mar-a-Lago beach club and dining at the clubhouse afterwards.

Trump told network anchors earlier Tuesday that he was saddened by the news of Limbaugh’s diagnosis and had extended a last-minute invitation for him to join the first lady in the gallery at the State of the Union, according to four people familiar with the conversation. The president also said he could award the Medal of Freedom to Limbaugh as soon as next week, adding that his preference would be to do it during the State of the Union, according to two of the people familiar with his comments.

One person at Tuesday’s lunch said Trump appeared to be “ shaken up” by the news, and kept mentioning that he and Limbaugh had seen each other in West Palm Beach, Fla. as recently as Dec. 22, when the president was in town for an extended holiday stay and had lunch with Limbaugh, professional golfer Jim Herman and his son Eric Trump.

……….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #35427

Consistent #35428

Consistent #35431

Consistent #35432

ConservativeGranny #35433

I knew there was a reason why I didn’t check the news until 10pm.

Consistent #35436

Consistent #35439

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.